Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Paradox of Our Age and Wealth

I've long admired the Dalai Lamai and Buddhism. On a recent trip to Taos, New Mexico, I read and inscription by HH the Dalai Lama entitled, The Paradox of Our Age and was very moved by it because it explains the essence of what is missing in so many of our lives.

The Paradox of Our Age
by The Dalai Lama

We have bigger houses but smaller families;
More conveniences, but less time;
We have more degrees, but less sense;
More knowledge, but less judgment;
More experts, but more problems;
More medicines, but less healthiness;
We've been all the way to the moon and back,
but have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbor.
We build more computers to hold more information to
produce more copies than ever but have less communication.
We have become long on quantity,
but short on quality.
These are times of fast foods but slow digestion;
Tall man but short character;
Steep profits but shallow relationships.
It's a time when there is much in the window,
but nothing in the room.


When I write about acquiring money in feng shui, I focus my attention on wealth versus money. That's because money comes and goes -- wealth stays. And, isn't that what we want? Money becomes a river, but wealth is a well. This is one of the reasons I am so attracted to feng shui and talk about it in my newsletter is because I am most interested in helping people to build wealth. By improving your feng shui, you create the energy in your home, your office -- yourself -- to attract wealth to you.

The Paradox of Our Times is a wonderful way to explain the difference between having money and being wealthy. This is a key idea because just wanting money is short-sighted. The problem is in the thinking. Your goal must be the "bigger picture" of wealth in order to make a change. Even the Reverend Billy Graham is quoted saying "If a person gets his attitude toward money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area in his life."

Your mind could be what's holding back your feng shui if you have had difficulty manifesting money. That's because getting your mind straight with money and wealth will help you attract more and be more abundant. Watching as my husband and I grow financially is very rewarding. But maybe more valuable, is the sense of stability, security and safety that come with it. It also helps me come from a position of success when dealing with my clients and I enjoy myself more with them. Even shopping has become more fun as I focus on acquiring better items instead of just buying "more."

Well, here's wishing you good chi --

Katie